TeRMS & CONDITIONS
Please note necessary fine print below...
Terms and conditions for tours, activities and events organized by Elswhere Tours.
By booking with Elswhere Tours, you implicitly accept the following Terms and Conditions. Please read them thoroughly.
(Full day) events, activities or workshops that cost over €800, may have different terms and conditions. These will will be sent to you prior to payment.
Most tours are guided by Els. However, some tours may be guided by a colleague. All of our guides are passionate and knowledgeable about The Hague and most of all, keen to make your tour a memorable experience!
- Tours must be paid for in advance, through bank transfer or PayPal.
- Private tour groups pay a group price. Changes in the number on participants can have an effect on the pricing.
- The number of participants communicated to us, no later than 4 days prior to the activity, is the number of participants that will be charged on the final invoice. If that number is reduced, it is treated as a partial cancellation and the cancellation rules apply. If the number goes up, you will be billed for the difference.
- For companies and organisations, 21% sales tax will be added to the price.
- We require a minimum of four participants on all tours except private and custom tours. You can book our standard tours for less people, but we’ll charge for four.
- If you are booking a prescheduled standard tour for less than 4 people, we reserve the right to cancel the tour if there are less than 4 participants. You will get a full refund.
- Up to 25 people can join a prescheduled and standard tour. If you prefer a private tour, we offer the option to book custom tour.
- Standard tours can be canceled in part or in full up to 8 days in advance without charge. For a custom tours, organisation costs will be charged.
- Cancelling any tour with a written notice between 7 and 4 days in advance (96 hours) incurs a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancelling any tour 96 to 24 hours in advance incurs a 75% cancellation fee.
- No refunds are made for cancellations less than 24 hours in advance.
- We can change the date/ timing of the tour without charge, depending on your and our availability.
- Cancellations must be submitted by email or our website.
- We do not provide refunds if you, or members of your party fail to show up without cancellation.
- We do not provide refunds if you, or members of your party leave part way through the tour.
- If Elswhere Tours is unable to deliver the tour, e.g. in case of sickness, a full refund will be granted.
- If you are up to 15 minutes late for a custom made or private tour, we can either:
- subtract the time from the tour total; or
- add the lost time at the end (depending on availability of the guide) and you will be charged extra, as a €20 surcharge.
- If you are over 15 minutes late without notice, you are considered a no-show. No refunds will be provided.
- If you take part in a prescheduled tour, or in a tour that allows other parties to join, we expect you to be on time at the meeting point. We will leave at the time communicated. No refunds available.
Participants join a tour or activity on their own responsibility. Participants will indemnify and hold Elswhere Tours harmless from any and all claims in the event of e.g. injuries, damages, or losses sustained before, during or after the tour.